[TSS] Dematerializing

[TSS] Dematerializing

Postby Blacksun » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:29 am

You need to be a member of TSS to buy a Dematerializer. There are different kinds though:
  • Light - has a mass of 6t, requires 300+(shipsize*20)APs to dematerialize
  • Medium - has a mass of 10t, requires 400+(shipsize*8)APs to dematerialize
  • Heavy - has a mass of 18t, requires 500+(shipsize*1)APs to dematerialize

You can also decide if you want a Mk I or Mk II Dematerializer. MkI needs 48 hours to cool down and MkII 36 hours.

Where can I dematerialize?
It doesn't matters where you are, there is no place in the pardus universe where you can't dematerialize ;)

However, how does it work?
A new button appears under the cloak button. When you click on it, it'll ask you the following question on top of the screen:

Do you really want to dematerialize your ship?
To use your dematerializer, you need to spend xxx + xx * x = xxx APs.
You will be unable to rematerialize your ship for 6 hours after dematerializing.
You will be unable to use a dematerializer for xx hours after rematerializing.

If you agree, a screen similar to the docking screen appears and your ship can't be seen by anyone.
Now you need to wait 6 hours until the "redematerialize" button appears. From now on you are able to redematerialize again. Once you rematerialize the cooldown of 48 or 36 hours starts. You don't need any APs to rematerialize.

So basicly dematerializing is like docking, but you don't need to be on a special title, like a planet or SB to dock. There are some other differences though. When you cloak, then dematerialize, you'll still be cloaked when you rematerialize. Another important thing to know is, that being dematerialized has the same effects as being cloaked, concerning hacks on one's position.

What happens if someone ambushes on the same title, where I dematerialized?
You wont trigger. However, you'll never see anyone on the same title where you rematerialize, until you move or someone joins the title after you rematerialized. So if there is someone ambushing on the same title, you wont see him, but if you fly to another title and enter the first title again you'll trigger.

I dematerialize and someone builds a MO on the title, am I stuck when the MO owner blocks me?
No, you can retreat to the title where you entered the title in the first place. If there is a blocking MO too, then you are stuck.

I'll make more experiments with the dematerializer and add the results here, so if you want to know anything reply or sent me a ingame massage.
Blacksun
Blacksun
Site Admin

Return to Guides